The Farmbot Web App is a cloud based web service that performs the following functions:
- Farm Designer - Drag and drop interface for farm/garden design
- Farm Events - Scheduling of recurring sequences of events (irrigation, seeding, etc...)
- Controls - Real time manual control of a FarmBot from a web browser
- Device - Storage of device info and calibration settings
- Sequences - Creation of sequences of events
- Regimens - Creation of regimens (plant-age-based scheduling of sequences of events)
- Tools - Management of the Universal Tool Mount's tools
- Coming soon: crop and sensor data storage and management
At your service
We offer a hosted service of the web app at my.farmbot.io. We recommend that most people use this because it is convenient, affordable, and always up-to-date with the latest features and security.
In case you want to run the application on your own servers, we show you how to do that as well near the bottom of this page.
Help improve the web app
Submit feature requests, bugs, and code for the web app on GitHub.
- Go to my.farmbot.io
- Enter an email, name, and password in the Create an Account section
- Check your email and follow the link to confirm your account
Can you hear me now?
If all has gone well, the web application should now be able to communicate with your FarmBot. You should see some logs stream into the Logs widget, and the device status button in the main navigation change from Offline to Sync Now.
There are three likely reasons of why your device might not connect to the web application:
- WiFi configuration has not been completed yet or was not completed successfully.
- Your FarmBot is not connected to the Internet. Double check that your device can connect to the Internet either over WiFi or Ethernet.
We're here to help
Still having trouble? Ask a question and find answers in our forum.
The recommended workflow for using the web app is:
- Add Tools: my.farmbot.io/app/tools
- Create Sequences for using those tools: my.farmbot.io/app/sequences
- Create Regimens for scheduling sequences to run at specific times: my.farmbot.io/app/regimens
- Add plants in the Farm Designer: my.farmbot.io/app/designer/plants
- Schedule Farm Events: my.farmbot.io/app/designer/farm_events
- Watch your FarmBot work! my.farmbot.io/app/controls
For advanced users only
The instructions below are intended for expert users and software developers who wish to run the FarmBot Web App on their own servers. This may be useful for enterprise or off-grid intranet solutions. Nontechnical users are encouraged to use the hosted service at my.farmbot.io.
Please see the official README for the web app source code here.